Cancer Caused by Fungus
Is there any truth to this, and the answer is yes. Historically it has been suspected, and research the past number of years verifies it.
Fungus is everywhere. They are opportunistic, meaning numerous varieties have developed ways to live on anything and everywhere, including on toxins. It\'s also true that some fungi can be beneficial, such as reishi and shitake mushrooms. However, the kinds related to cancer (besides the ones growing on toxins), can, and do, live in the environment, our homes, bodies, foods, and etc.
These particular toxic, and sometimes lethal, fungi show up mold in the bathroom, toe nail infection (athlete\'s foot), finger nail infection, jock itch, ringworm, inner ear infections, yeast infection, Candida, thrush (oral yeast), allergic reactions, intolerant reactions, toxic shock, cancer, and even death.
It is, and has been advised, to limit exposure to these particularly toxic fungi. This comes due to their relationship to shock related deaths and cancer being on the rise. It is important to note, though, that just because the body may be prone to fungal infections; it does not mean cancer will occur. However, it is also a fact that many statistics report people who have cancer usually have high occurrences of previous fungal infections. (And people with cancer are usually more susceptible to fungal infections during treatment, due to the stress on the immune system.)
Again, prevention and protection go a long ways. Being reasonably clean in the home, supporting your body\'s defenses, and using proper methods to clean up areas of suspected fungal overgrowth is important. It is also important to properly clean/wash your clothes and dispose of any cleaning items afterward to avoid re-infestation. (However, if the area to clean up is too large, or involved, it pays to have it inspected and cleaned professionally.)